Native Americans and Thanksgiving

A couple of years ago I wrote the first of a series of novels set in New Amsterdam in C17th Manhattan. As Thanksgiving is a very important part of American Heritage, I wrote two blogs highlighting the popular historical events and sentiments surrounding this festive occasion.
In the course of my extensive research into this historical era I came across a magazine called Indian Country Today, a weekly e-paper that brings news of interest and importance to the First Nation of the USA. Today's edition carries an article of the events of Thanksgiving seen through the eyes of the natives who inhabited the New World long before European explorers discovered America. It makes for interesting reading on this day of all days. Find the article with this link https://tinyurl.com/ybr2n6ac

To read my novel, the Love of Money, set in the 17th century beginnings of Dutch Manhattan, later to become New York, please go to this link
https://tinyurl.com/yblfbv5t

To read the first 50 pages of the book, please click on the following link https://tinyurl.com/yc7746e9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks Part Two

Thanksgiving Part One